TOGETHER... My Favorite Place to Be.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Head In the Sand

For the last several months our lives have been so crazy that I just haven't had the heart to check online to see exactly where Ryan should be in his school work. Rob and Kristi moved on Novemeber 8 and the time leading up to that was so busy with enjoying them every moment we had them here. That involved keeping Makenzi while Kristi packed. Of course, I was not about to tell Ryan that school work was more important. She adored her Uncle Ryan! After Rob got his things moved out there he came back here for a couple of weeks.... hunting season!! Then there was our Thanksgiving trip to Missouri, Rob and family came the week after Christmas, they came back mid-January so Rob could help Larry with the business... they were here 2 weeks then. We loved every minute of it, but I kept worrying about Ryan getting horribly behind in his school work. Then just 5 days after they left (7 weeks ago today) my C7 nerve was pinched and it has been a rough 7 weeks. I don't know what it is like at your house, but at our house when I am down everything else shuts down also. Ryan did get videos done, and the quizzes and tests are less than a week behind. All that to show that our lives haven't been very conducive to home schooling. So, today I decided to pull my head out of the sand and check to see where he is supposed to be. I was thrilled to see that he is only 2 lessons behind!! Two! yeah!! I know this is due to the fact that he starts his school work within a day or so of when we get his materials... we will keep up that practice!

I'll sign off with this thought... "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."

No comments: