TOGETHER... My Favorite Place to Be.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Servant's Heart

I started to say this blog is sorta random, but after months of not blogging, anything is random!!
Through the years we have tried to teach our children to give. Not only financially, but through acts of service. We have a hard time sitting back when there is something that needs done that we can do. Because our lives have revolved around church that is where most of our service is geared toward- church bus, Sunday School, building projects, food committees, and clean-up crews are just some of the areas we have served. Last month our church went through a major Sunday School restructuring moving classes, cleaning, painting, and new carpet for some rooms. Ryan and I went to help out. Ryan is 16 is still "in training." I did find out that he can mop!! He offered to mop! I was so proud of him! I'd never had him do that before. When we left that night we commented on how great it feels to contribute in that way. Today, Rachel helped out with Children's Church when she saw they were short staffed. But I am happy to see that as we have trained our children to help out with church events that it has carried over into every day life. When Rob is home he helps out with dishes after meals, as well as doing helping his Dad organized. Rachel's friend's Mom commented that she likes it when Rachel comes over because she helps. Ryan's friend's Mom likes to have Ryan there when she moves furniture because "he's a horse!" ;o) As you can tell I am proud of my children. They don't sit back and expect everyone to make life easy for them, they jump in and help make other's loads lighter.

I know we all remember this quote by D.L. Moody, but it is one of my favorites and very fitting with this blog..."I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And that which I can do, by the grace of God, I will do."

No comments: