TOGETHER... My Favorite Place to Be.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...

Outside my window... a new snow is gently falling, covering the old snow, making everything look fresh and clean again.

I am thankful for... a solid wall next to my front door... Thanks, Robby!

I am thinking... about continuing the remodeling projects in the kitchen with paint and an island install.

From the learning rooms... we need to focus more on proper keyboarding.

From the kitchen... will be a day-late Valentine dinner. I had so much going on last weekend that it just didn't happen. On the menu will be chicken linguine alfredo, carrots, tuscan bread and peanut butter pie for dessert.

I am wearing... a jean skirt and a hot pink sweater.

I am creating... bulletin board ideas for Easter! Easter is the first Sunday in April, so I will put the Easter bb up around the second week in March.

I am going... to work on a new memory verse challenge for my SS class.

I am reading... There Goes the Bride by M.C. Beaton, One Conversation at a Time by D. Michael Henderson, and You Can Double Your Class in Two Years or Less by Josh Hunt.

I am hoping... that Larry's meeting at work goes according to God's Plan.

I am hearing... the news talk about the weather... they tell me to stay home and not go to the gym.... =o)

Around the house... is a total mess. After remodeling projects, I am thankful for the mess, and I am trying to not stress and realize it will take more than one day to get everything done.

One of my favorites... my daughter.

I am remembering... the happiness we felt waking up and knowing Kenzi was in the house... she is so much fun!

A few plans for the week: Put Kenzi's toys back in the attic till next time =o( , paint the kitchen, laundry and ironing (there are mountains!) , and make soup and sweets to take to Missouri to celebrate my Mother-in-law's 70th birthday... shhh, it's a secret!

The picture I am sharing is of one of my favorite people and me. This is Brenda. She is actually my cousin, but she is like a mother, a sister, a friend, a Spiritual Mother, a confidant ... well, just all things good! She does wear rose colored glasses and that is one of her many charms.

I am pondering these words... "Our job in Christian education is not to make smarter sinners. Our job is to make disciples." ~Josh Hunt










No comments: