TOGETHER... My Favorite Place to Be.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

30 Days In

Is it really January 30?  This month is going to be over before I ever get started! I did get some things written down for goals for this year.  Everywhere I look there are posts and articles about many different goals that people have, and all I think is, "Yeah, I should have that on my list."  Seriously, there is not an area of my life that doesn't need help.  For example, let's consider organizing closets. Other years I am like, "I need to rework that..." or with filing I know I need to get the new year in order.  This year I have closets that are bulging with disorganization and I have to completely get paperwork in order.  The kitchen, living room, bathroom, BASEMENT....every single room,  not to mention other areas... weight/health, church attendance, personal development.... oh, it goes on and  on. Am I overwhelmed with all that needs to be done?  No!  Ok, well, maybe a little.  I think I am overwhelmed more with the thought that I cannot get everything done as quick as I'd like.  But I am up for the task!!  I will just need to have my list (of lists) and keep priorities straight.  One of my favorite  recounts from the Bible is the Creation Story.  God didn't create the fish before He created the sea.  He is a God of order and that really speaks to me. There is a way things are to be done.  A way things work best together.  So, I will be leaning on that and His strength to help me not be too hard on myself for not getting everything done by February 1!  Coming back from Florida  I had planned to hit the ground running with the house and my It Works business.... but I didn't plan on having bronchitis! I have never had this before and  didn't realize it would last so long! It is just kinda hard to realize the first month is over and  I don't have one. thing. done.  ~~sighing, leaning, breathing

I like to post my menu for the week.... I love to cook and if you are around me anytime at all I usually ask what is on your menu or what have had new lately.  I am always searching for something new that the family will like.  But I am finding that this new phase in our lives gives menu challenges!  I never know if Larry will be in town for sure or if Ryan will be eating at home or on the run.  So, I think my best bet will be to have a list of menus and have the items needed for them and we will make one of them when one or both of the guys are home! Here are a few I have lined up:


  • Nacho Chicken, Salad
  • Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatoes, Green Beans
  • Steak and Baked Potatoes, Broccoli
  • Deer Steak and Gravy, Mashed Potatoes and Carrots
Phases in life. Reevaluation. Life Plans.... subjects for another post.  
Let me just say that as a person who likes change, change is sometimes hard. But here's to February being my January and productive days ahead!!

I've always found that anything worth achieving will always have obstacles in the way and you've got to have that drive and determination to overcome those obstacles on route to whatever it is that you want to accomplish.



No comments: