TOGETHER... My Favorite Place to Be.

Friday, June 6, 2014

Choices

Oh, it would have been so nice to have been born with great genes that made it possible to eat whatever I wanted and still be thin.  But, it just isn't the case for me.  All my life I have struggled with my weight. I love to cook, I love butter, and I love Mt. Dew.  yep. That just about sums it up.

A few years ago my weight hit the all time high and so I knew I had to do something.  I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes so, I lost 20 lbs. on my own and then hit a plateau. So, at the encouragement of my daughter, we went to a weight loss doctor.  The blood tests then showed my A1C to be well below the diabetes level.  I was able to lose another 20 lbs. there.  Mr. Fye was happy with that.... I wanted to lose another 10 lbs. Well, that time in life hit came calling and I gained 10 lbs. in one month....  one month!! and it was all "up scale' from there! I had gained it all back plus 4 lbs. The last blood work I had showed my blood sugar levels to be fine, but that was 20 lbs. ago.

Knowing I had to do something I started the weight loss process with my regular doctor.  It did not help. At all. I think manufacturers do make a difference, but I don't want to pay for the weight loss doctor. Also, I noticed that this time I noticed that the  meds were definitely an upper.  It is a controlled substance, but I had never had "problems" with it. The "problems" were up early and on the go and getting things done!  Yeah, "problems." But I knew that taking that was not rally what I wanted to do.... family history and all being what it is.  I have been taking my It Works Greens for over a year.  They balance, detoxify and alkalize my system and are a probiotic.  So, my digestive system is so much healthier than it was in the past, so that is why I think my body responded different to it.  Everyone in the world needs to be on Greens.  Just ask me, I will tell you why!! but I won't go into that now...

So, since that didn't work I decided to give Weight Watchers another try.  I have tried it in the past, but if you know me, you know going to that weekly meeting was a chore.  So, this time I joined online.  I love all the etools, the Community and surprisingly, this 'paperless' version.  I joined last Friday and at my weigh in this week I was down 5.6 lbs!  And that is without all healthy options at home!  Tomorrow I head to the farmer's market and cannot wait to see what goodies they have there! I will be working toward another great week next week as I eat better, track more consistently, and maybe throw in some exercise in there other than chasing a 2 year old!  I think I am more excited about weight loss than I have ever been! When I lost before the meds kept hunger in check and I ate whatever I wanted.  This time I will learn to keep hunger in check by eating healthier and enjoying treats of those things I enjoy so much!  

I have chosen to be healthy, not just lose weight.

So, this week I have lost 5.6 lbs. of the 44 lbs. I want to lose.

I will post my week's menu tomorrow evening after I go to the grocery and farmer's market.  The market is only on Saturday and Wednesday.  Wednesday is impossible for me to get there with Braelyn's nap time and Saturday is a struggle, too.  I will try to do the Saturday market,because it is local. BUT, Fresh Thyme Farmer's Market is coming to the area and I am anxious to go there!

"There are two primary choices in life: 
to accept conditions as they exist, 
or accept the responsibility for changing them."

Dr. Denis Waitley

No comments: